Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sketchy Sunday: Bye Bugs

Hey everyone! Hope you had a great weekend!
Do you like sketches? I LOVE sketches! They make scrapbooking and cardmaking so easy!
A sketch is basically a blueprint for a scrapbook page or a card. It tells you where to put everything on the card/layout. It's great for inspiration or just a starting off point!
I have alawyas loved sketches! When you are first starting out in this hobby they can be so useful! If you are a pro they can jumpstart your own creativity!
Starting today I'm going to post a sketch every Sunday! It will either be a scrapbok page or a card! In the future I would like to post an alternate sketch for double and single page layouts. I wasn't home this weekend so I will only be posting the double page version tonight!

Double Page Layout
(2) 4x6's
(3) 3x4's
Click photo to see larger.


"Bye Bugs"
Supplies: Cardstock by Bazzill; Patterned Paper by Sassafrass Lass; Large Chipboard Letter by Colorbok; Chipboard Letters by Basic Grey; Black Ink by Ranger; Ribbon by Offray; Black Pen by EK Success.

I did this layout about one of Brodey's trips to see Daddy at work. Gosh it seems like this just happened, but these photos were taken two years ago! My goodness time goes by so fast! That's why I'm so glad I scrapbook!
The cute little bugs on this layout are from some Sassfraass Lass paper. I simply cut the bugs out of the paper and popped them up with adhesive foam squares.
To make the bow in the ribbon I simply cut the longer piece, adhered it, cut a smaller piece, and tied it on where I wanted it. Super easy!
You will also notice that I use journaling strips on most of my layouts. They are the easiest way for me to journal and I did a How To on that HERE.
I also matted the photos with white cardstock to make them stand out from the bold patterned paper. I did a How To on matting photos HERE.
There are two photos sizes on this layout. There are your basic 4x6's and there are also 3x4's. A 3x4 is basically a 4x6 photo cut in half. If you do not have a printer at home and send your photos to be printed through a photo center (such as Wal-Mart or Walgreens) I can show you how to print multiple sizes on one 4x6! I will post that How To very soon! It's so easy you will be surprised you haven't been doing that all along! ;)
I hope this sketch inspired you! If you create a layout based on my sketch please send me a link! I would love to post it on my blog!
You can email me at inkyfingershappen@yahoo.com!
Happy crafting!
April :)

No comments:

Post a Comment